[vlc] Re: Compile Vlc for windows

Olivier Teulière ipkiss at via.ecp.fr
Wed Sep 10 10:48:14 CEST 2003

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003, Tran Minh Son wrote:
> If I compile the source with --disable-skins I got the text control,
> and it works well with several services (e.g. I can not save movies as
> TS stream..)

No need to compile with --disable-skins for that, you can launch the
rc interface with the -I command-line switch:
./vlc -I rc

> I found a flag called enable-wxwindows from the configure file , but
> even the explicit specification of this flag seems not to solve the
> problem.

This flag is enabled by default, so the wxWindows interface should be
present even without the flag. Was the module successfully compiled (is
there a libwxwindows_plugin.dll file somewhere)? If not, you should have
had a configure warning/error explaining the problem, could you check
this? And if the plugin is present but not loaded, there should at least be
a warning message in the logs. Is there one?

--
Ipkiss