[vlc] Re: Late Picture problem on network dvd playback (XP)

pocketmoon at ntlworld.com pocketmoon at ntlworld.com
Fri Sep 12 11:24:25 CEST 2003

Hi,

I tried manually running vlc on the client and server, setting up a udp broadcast. It plays the dvd file with no stutter :) All I need to be able to do is control vlc from the client.

The http interface is good for user control but it would be great if there were a low-level interface I could use. I have myhtpc as a front end on my client, controlled by an IR remote through girder. I don't think it would be easy to write a plug-in on the client to access a web form. Telnet would be ok because I can get girder to launch an app on the client (telnet) and send text strings (start, etc).

Any more ideas folks ?

Rob