[vlc] Re: Compile VLC

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Fri Sep 19 14:28:36 CEST 2003

Tran Minh Son wrote:
> Hi All,
> I would like to ask you if I compile VLC with flag MODULE_NAME_IS_ts
> instead of MODULE_NAME_IS_ts_dvbpsi, then I can generate an output with
> only audio / video in the form of ts / ps without any system information?

Without system information the receiving end has no way of knowing what
the heck this stream contains. Simply put YOU NEED THEM.

> It seems that the TS I generated with vlc (compiled with
> MODULE_NAME_IS_ts ) still create packet for PAT and PMT tables?

PAT and PMT tables are always generated when doing TS streaming. It is
part of the spec, they need to be there otherwise the receiving end has
no clue what to listen to.

--
Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman