[vlc] Video - output module - Windows GDI

Jean-Claude Gervais jc.gervais at videotron.ca
Sat Sep 20 15:53:12 CEST 2003

Hello,

I have a 1.2 GHz PC with three video cards in it.

This means I have three monitors connected to my computer.

My desktop resolution is 3072 x 768

Videolan client 0.6.2 works well with video output set to DirectX, but
it can only display when the VLC window is on the first monitor.

If I move the window over to another monitor, the sound continues, but
the display goes black.

This is because hardware acceleration can only be enabled on the first
video card on the system.

I would like to be able to move the VLC window to any of the other
screens and still be able to see the output, so I have switched the
output mode to GDI.

When switched to GDI, the output IS displayed on any of the monitors I
move the VLC window to, BUT

The image is doubled!

On any monitor I move the VLC window to, I get two small images on
either side of the lower half of the VLC window, and each image has a
weird purple palette.

I'm sure GDI output works on "normal" systems that have one monitor, but
does anyone know how to fix the problem on a system like mine?

Thank you.