[vlc] Re: Zaurus Install Error

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Thu Sep 25 13:54:32 CEST 2003

Masiyowski, John wrote:

> Hello,
>
> First of all let me say that VideoLAN is an absolutely wonder piece of
> work!  Congradulations to all!!
> I have been able to get vlc & vls working on Windows and a LINUX
> machine and able stream via RTP (multicast)!!
>
> I am now attempting to get vlc working on a brand new out of the box
> Zaurus SL-5600.  However, when I install the zaurus-vlc package,  I
> get an installation error, " package seems to depend on other
> packages... please install those first".  When the package libffmpeg
> was install prior to the vlc package, no installation errors occured.
> However, the Zaurus thinks that the libffmpeg package is not installed
> (package icon), however, libffmpeg package appears under thei list of
> packages that can be removed.  I have/am using the latest Zaurus
> packages from the videoLAN web site

There is no icon associated with the ffmpeg package. It is just a
library where zaurus-vlc depends on. Go to the commandshell (konsole)
and run vlc like this:

zaurus-vlc -vvvv myfile.mpeg > /var/tmp/error.log 2>&1

If there were errors then they are logged in /var/tmp/error.log. Send
this file to this list and then we can help you figure out if
something/what went wrong.

Grtz,
Jean-Paul Saman.