[vlc] Video conference

Dedi Eko dedieko at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 7 17:00:10 CEST 2004

Dear all VideoLAN-ist, I have an idea to utillize VideoLAN ask a software to do a video conference:
1. Is it possible to do this task with videolan?
2. Can 1 computer do 2 jobs in an instance? Serving directinput video on port AAAA and accepting stream on port BBBB?
3. If I decided to send a stream to someone on the internet based on their IP, will I get block by router or something like that? I know multicast is usually blocked by router, but do peer 2 peer with bothway streaming get block too like multicast?
4.To shrink down packet size without loosing too much quality, I have to do transcoding, which codec do you think give the optimal result?
5.Is it possible to do an encryption? Because I think Internet is an open line, very dangerous to get in without any protection. Is there any solution than encryption to strenghten security factor?

Thank you very much for any reply afterward

Dedi Eko
dedieko at yahoo.com
Magistry of Chemical Engineering
University of Gadjah Mada