[vlc] ASF Streaming to Windows Media Services 9

Marco Hertz ISIS vlc at mail.isis.de
Wed Apr 21 09:09:20 CEST 2004

Hello everybody

I try to stream a tv-channel catched from a DVB-card via Multicast to
my clients ( around 25 on 10 different AP's ) in my WirelessLAN.

Using  :  RedHat 9 , VLS 0.5.3 , VLC 0.7.0

I am using VLS to get the stream.
I get that internally directed udp stream with VLC and transcode it
into an ASF stream.

This unicast ASF i can play with every WMP9 on any device i have,
but in no way i get the Windows Media Services to accept that ASF as
input , to install an publishingpoint with multicast.
I know would be a lot easier to use VLC as client, but i need WMP for
some Handhelds...

Somebody any suggestions or tried that before ?

THX

Marco Hertz