[vlc] Re: crap!

Jan Ekholm chakie at infa.abo.fi
Wed Apr 21 11:12:59 CEST 2004

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, khosrow hassani wrote:

>I am sorry to say this, but VLC is a crappy code! I
>tried
>to install it as a Debian package using the standard
>apt-get install method and it failed to work. then I
>spent hours to install it from the source code I got
>from Video Lan official site, but I got so many
>compilint errors . missing header files which are
>included in the c code, missing functions,... just
>messy! it was just a waste of time.

Seems like you don't really know what you are doing? Doesn't sound like
that from your immature comments.

Vlc can be compiled just fine with the proper stuff installed, I got the
normal version compiled on a Debian system by just installing some extra
packages. Maybe you care to share some information about exactly what you
do that causes the compilation to fail?

It does have some "oddities" when running though, but that does not mean
it's "crappy code!" by any means. :)

--
  Shadwell hated all southerners and, by inference, was standing at the
  North Pole.