[vlc] Re: DVB?

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Wed Apr 21 13:55:42 CEST 2004

Jan,

I like to check the tuning parameters for the channel you are trying to
tune to with VLC. Are you trying to tune VIVA channel?

The following satellite information is found by me for the VIVA channel
on different sites:

According to http://www.lyngsat.com/astra19.shtml the following
parameters are needed.

frequency 12552
fec 5/6 (auto should also work)
srate=22000000
polarization=V

The transponder settings according to
http://www.pirmasoft.de/astra/trnsp108.htm

Transponder: 12.55150 GHz
Polarization: vertical
Receiver: 2,802 MHz

The vlc commandline then becomes:

vlc -vvvv
dvb:frequency=12551500:polarization=v:fec=5:srate=22000000:lnb-lof2=21500000
--probe

The lnb-lof2=21500000 part will override the probed value. I suspect
that there is a unit mismatch in what the dvb input expects and what the
DVB drivers return from the frontend.

Could you try to tune with above information? And supply the log ones again?

Jan Ekholm wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:

>>I wanted to see the log, especially with --probe, for the frontend
>>parameters from the DVB-S card you use.
>

> http://www.infa.abo.fi/~chakie/media/vlc.log
>
> The frequency had to be changed to fit into the allowed range. The symbol
> rate, FEC and polarization may be wrong, will try with other combinations
> after this.
I think they match see the satellite information above.

--
Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman