[vlc] Re: DVB?

Jan Ekholm chakie at infa.abo.fi
Wed Apr 21 14:20:13 CEST 2004

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:

>Jan,
>
>I like to check the tuning parameters for the channel you are trying to
>tune to with VLC. Are you trying to tune VIVA channel?
>
>The following satellite information is found by me for the VIVA channel
>on different sites:
>
>According to http://www.lyngsat.com/astra19.shtml the following
>parameters are needed.
>
>frequency 12552
>fec 5/6 (auto should also work)
>srate=22000000
>polarization=V
>
>The transponder settings according to
>http://www.pirmasoft.de/astra/trnsp108.htm
>
>Transponder: 12.55150 GHz
>Polarization: vertical
>Receiver: 2,802 MHz

Yes, that's the one that I have used for tests. Just using 12251 has
always worked fine for dvbstream, szap and xawtv, My mistake.

>The vlc commandline then becomes:
>
>vlc -vvvv
>dvb:frequency=12551500:polarization=v:fec=5:srate=22000000:lnb-lof2=21500000
>--probe

What does the lnb-lof2 actually do? I've seen in mentioned on Google a few
times, but never together with any real info.

>The lnb-lof2=21500000 part will override the probed value. I suspect
>that there is a unit mismatch in what the dvb input expects and what the
>DVB drivers return from the frontend.
>
>Could you try to tune with above information? And supply the log ones again?

	http://www.infa.abo.fi/~chakie/media/vlc.log

This time the tuning seems to advance a little bit.

--

  That's right," he said. "We're philosophers. We think, therefore we am.
                                             -- Terry Pratchett, Small Gods