[vlc] Re: 180º rotation

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Tue Apr 27 19:13:32 CEST 2004

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Michael S. Zick wrote:

> On Tue April 27 2004 02:23, Frédéric Miserey wrote:
> > Is there a way to rotate VLC's video by 180º as well as switch audio
> > (left <-> right). I would like to attach a notebook in my car's roof...
> >
> Hope you don't have a hard drive in the notebook - most hard drives
> don't work "base up" - so you will probably have to turn over the
> drives inside the notebook case if you run the notebook "base up".
> Mike

actually they do... you'll find some notebooks that mount them upside-down
as well due to the height of the pc-board within the case (thinkpad a20/21
for example. many mfm and rll disks required a low-level format if you
wanted to run them in a different orientation, modern ide disks don't have
this property. running them at some funny angle may cause premature wear
on the the bearings but horizontal or vertical ought to be fine.

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu