[vlc] vlc an javascript controls

Valery Roche vroche at univ-poitiers.fr
Thu Apr 29 13:20:28 CEST 2004

Hi list,

Version 0.7.2 is very cool !

But that's not the subject of my message. As I have now the plugin
fonctional into Mozilla, I'm asking to myself if I can have a large
control on the embedded vlc. I know how to play, pause or stop a stream.
But how can I choose to play faster or slower, and what if I want to
change the size (not fullscreen, I know how to do that).

As an example, on ther same model found on the website, I tried this
control : ... onClick='document.myvideo.faster()'...
Doesn't work !
Maybe it's not possible.

I'd like to have the possibility to navigate inside the http stream (by
indicating a time code for example), as it is possible inside VLC when
it's browser independant. Is this possible ?

And last : when I read a http stream, VLC doesn't show the right time
code (except with 0.7.2, but if I navigate in the stream, it indicates
the time since the play has begun). Do you think it will come in a next
version ? or maybe I have something to do with the video files (DIVx) ?

Valéry