[vlc] Re: Problem streaming HD (.ts) file {Scanned}

Chhaya, Harshal hchhaya at ti.com
Thu Aug 19 17:14:01 CEST 2004

Rett,

Thanks for your response.

> I would say that your issue is caused by not being able to
> decode the video fast enough - not by your network being
> unable to send the data fast enough.

I think so too. This PC is a 2.4 Ghz P4 with a Radeon 9000
video card. The CPU usage is about 90% or higher when I play
the HD stream.

I think the video card has some hardware MPEG decoding
capabilities. If vlc could use this hardware support,
maybe the CPU usage would drop and the decoding+playback
may be smoother.

Is there a way to tell vlc to use the video card's capabilities?

Regards,
Harshal