[vlc] HDTV Transport Streams (.ts) and Performance

Galen galen at myhome.net
Sat Dec 4 01:38:11 CET 2004

I'm using VLC to play back .ts files, typically 1080i HDTV MPEG-2. I'm
having performance issues though. Under my configuration, I cannot get
the video to smoothly play. The current video playback is very jerky,
although the audio is fine. I would like to be able to play back the
video smoothly.

This is my configuration:
Mac OS X 10.3.6 - 100% up to date
PowerBook G4 15"
	1.33 GHz G4 (512 KB L2 cache)
	768 MB RAM
	ATI Radeon Mobility 9700 64 MB VRAM
	1280 x 854 display (built-in LCD)

I'm willing to recompile, tweak, hack, whatever. Optimally I would like
to get playback smooth from the .ts files. Just give me some direction
with what to try, that's all I need...

Thanks!