[vlc] Re: HDTV Transport Streams (.ts) and Performance

Galen galen at myhome.net
Sun Dec 5 17:54:05 CET 2004

That might be interesting. If you could get the performance up not even
that much more, 1080 24p would probably play pretty well.

If anybody else is interested in experimenting with this, I can get you
some HDTV streams, just let me know. Sounds like you're all set Phil,
but if not, let me know.

Also Ben - sounds likes Linux on PowerPC hardware isn't very optimized.
No ability to use IDCT I take it. That's unfortunate. Are all media
players unable to access this under Linux on PowerPC?

-Galen