[vlc] Re: iPhoto vs..wav

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Wed Dec 8 21:59:48 CET 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 01:25:02PM -0500, GreenPublish at aol.com wrote:
> your website was recommended to me by Apple Tech Support.   they said to try
> VLC. you have this thing about "select a mirror"-- what is that?
>
> Here's my basic desire:
>
> I use an Olympus Stylus 410. It will take a photo with about 4 sec. of sound;
> this produces a .wav document, not a .jpg.   I have a G4 AGP Mac. I have just
> installed "Panther" and have found that iPhoto still does not recognize .wav
> photographs.   the software by Olympus that came with the camera does not
> allow one to look at the photo and play the sound at the same time; it's either
> one or the other.

You mean both the picture and the sound is in the same file, adn the file is
called .wav? That sounds very very strange. Perhaps you can provide such a
file for us to have a look at? No guarranties though.

> I want to be able to run a slide show and, when the image of the trolley is
> up, I want to be able to hear the tolley's bell clanging.   Is this such a
> strange request?

If you somehow manage to split the audio and video part, any decent
presentation tool will allow you to do that.

Sigmund