[vlc] Which vlc version for rtp sout module?

Cavalera Claudio Claudio.Cavalera at icn.siemens.it
Thu Dec 9 14:02:47 CET 2004

>The rtp sout module available from the wxwindows gui is a
>legacy one, that only supports ts payload in the RTP stream.
>You should use the new dedicated rtp sout module instead. As
>the wxwindows interface hasn't been updated yet, it is only
>available from the command line at this time, on windows and *nix.

Hello,
I would like to try to use this module from linux.
I think that linux binary packages for vlc 0.8.1 are not available yet.
For example if I follow these istructions
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-fedora.html
I think I'll have a vlc 0.7.2 installed.
I'm not sure if the new rtp module is already present in vlc 0.7.2.
In case it's not present, which distro do you suggest for building vlc
0.8.1 from sources?

Thanks a lot,
Claudio