[vlc] Audio/Video Offset

Paul Kafasis paul at rogueamoeba.com
Fri Dec 17 09:44:55 CET 2004

Hi there,
 At Rogue Amoeba, we're working on a media player which requires a video
player capable of offsetting audio from video. Both VLC and MPlayer can
do this, but only MPlayer makes this easy to do (with the + and - keys).
VLCs option is a preference hidden in the Advanced section, and isn't
able to be quickly adjusted to reliably sync audio and video. This makes
it much more difficult to use than MPlayer's method. However, VLC is
overall a vastly superior application, and it's what we'd like to
recommend to our users.

 So, am I missing some more obvious method of adjusting the A/V sync? Or
is it currently only available via that hidden pref? If the latter, then
consider this a formal request for a quick method of accessing this, akin
to MPlayer's hotkeys. If the former, please let me know what I'm missing.

Thanks,
-Paul

--
Paul Kafasis