[vlc] Re: Audio/Video Offset

Benjamin PRACHT bigben+spam at videolan.org
Fri Dec 17 21:44:34 CET 2004

On Fri, Dec 17, 2004, Paul Kafasis wrote :
> Hi there,
>  At Rogue Amoeba, we're working on a media player which requires a video
> player capable of offsetting audio from video. Both VLC and MPlayer can
> do this, but only MPlayer makes this easy to do (with the + and - keys).
> VLCs option is a preference hidden in the Advanced section, and isn't
> able to be quickly adjusted to reliably sync audio and video. This makes
> it much more difficult to use than MPlayer's method. However, VLC is
> overall a vastly superior application, and it's what we'd like to
> recommend to our users.
>
>  So, am I missing some more obvious method of adjusting the A/V sync? Or
> is it currently only available via that hidden pref? If the latter, then
> consider this a formal request for a quick method of accessing this, akin
> to MPlayer's hotkeys. If the former, please let me know what I'm missing.

I've just implemented that (only was't because nobody ever cared to make
a binding to the correct option...)

You can set the hotkey you wan in the preferences. However, since the
server that was making our nightly builds is down, I'm afraid you'll
have to build you own version, or to wait a bit to test it...

--
BigBen