[vlc] Re: support for teletext ?

Marcel J.E. Mol marcel at mesa.nl
Tue Dec 28 14:49:35 CET 2004

On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 11:43:03AM +0100, Derk-Jan Hartman wrote:
> It shouldn't be hard to write such a vbi decoder.

Isn't it possible to use the libzvbi at ttp://zapping.sourceforge.net/
for this?

-Marcel

> I was actually planning on doing it myself and i have the vbi documentation
> lying around somewhere.
> The biggest problem is that other things have a priority atm for me.
> Next to that I also lost my source for teletext streams.
> It would indeed be nice perhaps to have such a stream accessible, but it
> would more or less require that you are on the MBONE multicast network.
> computer access won't help enough here, stream access would be a lot more
> useful.
>
> The teletext support will become reality, it will just have to wait a bit
> longer.
>
> DJ

     ======--------         Marcel J.E. Mol                MESA Consulting B.V.
    =======---------        ph. +31-(0)6-54724868          P.O. Box 112
    =======---------        marcel at mesa.nl                 2630 AC  Nootdorp
__==== www.mesa.nl ---____U_n_i_x______I_n_t_e_r_n_e_t____ The Netherlands ____
 They couldn't think of a number,           Linux user 1148  --  counter.li.org
    so they gave me a name!  -- Rupert Hine  --  www.ruperthine.com