[vlc] Re: vlc streaming howto?

Mark Moriarty mfmbusiness at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 30 02:06:53 CET 2004

No, you can UDP push to a single PC2 IP from PC1.   In other words, the PC1
startup line could have:
:sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=1024,scale=1}:duplicate{dst=std{access=udp,m
ux=ts,url=192.168.2.50:4567}}

And it will push UDP towards the specific PC having IP address 192.168.2.50.

In such a case, the PC2 startup line looks like:
Vlc udp://@:4567 the_rest_of_the_line

Which means "look for incoming UDP addressed to me, port 4567" (assuming
that PC2 only has the one ethernet card, and it is the 192... Address)