[vlc] Re: vlc streaming howto?

Ricardo Kleemann ricardo at americasnet.com
Fri Dec 31 18:48:35 CET 2004

Hi again, Mark.

First, thanks again for all your help, it's really been great for me to
understand VLC better.

So on the server side (linux, for rebroadcasting) I ran this command:

vlc
udp://@:5010:sout=#transcode{vcodec=DIV3,vb=256,scale=1}:duplicate{dst=std{access=mmsh,mux=asfh,url=:5012}}

On the original broadcast side ("PC1"), I sent a stream to the server's IP
at port 5010, and on the server side I ran the command above. Please note
that the server was not running X, it's text only. Once I began
broadcasting, the server started spitting out all sorts of stuff onto the
terminal... and also when I tried to access port 5012 on the server with
WMP, it said the server wasn't responding.

What am I doing wrong? :-)

Thanks
Ricardo