[vlc] MPEG4 in MPEG2-TS

Gejdos Milan Milan.Gejdos at siemens.com
Thu Feb 12 08:52:21 CET 2004

Hi all,
I'm trying to stream mpeg4 video with vlc (MPEG2-TS encapsulation) and
receive it on the client side. I use DirectShow filters to receive, demux,
decode and render incoming stream (filters: MPEG-2 TS Receiver -> MPEG-2
Demultiplexer -> A/V Decoders -> A/V Renderers). MPEG-2 Demultiplexer is
standard filter from Microsoft delivered with DirectX 9. Unfortunately,
mpeg4 video is not presented at all. In case when video is encoded in mpeg2,
there is no problem. I read somewhere in vlc lists, that "there is an
amendment(7) of MPEG2-TS to allow embded of mpeg4 streams (video, audio,
...) in TS."
Q1: Which amendment is it?
Q2: Is there any RFC/recommedation with description how to encapsulate mpeg4
video in MPEG2-TS?
Q3: Does anybody use/Does ahybody has expriences with MS MPEG-2
Demultiplexor in case of mpeg4 encoded video with similar problems?

Thanks in advance,
Milan