[vlc] Re: VLC not found at Download.com, etc.???

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Sat Feb 14 16:23:28 CET 2004

Download.com requires that you pay them to get listed, unless you are
very popular Open source, at which time they will add you themselves.
For the Mac version this has happened, i guess not for the windows
version. We have no control over this.
Versiontracker.com is an error on our part which we will correct.

And please use vlc at videolan.org and could you tell me where you found
my email address, so I can make sure others use the correct email
address?

DJ

On 14 feb 2004, at 07:21, banzai at sfsu.edu wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I was just searching for the Windows update to VLC at Download.com and
> Versiontracker/Windowstracker.com (using "vlc" as search string; also
> tried searching for media players and sorting by date). Download.com
> found nothing! At least Versiontracker/Windowstracker.com found
> something, but it was version 0.6.1. The same site had v0.7.0 for the
> Mac OS X search, however. Macupdate.com found the latest version the
> day it came out. Thought y'all might want to know.
>
> Cheers!

----
Universiteit Twente
Derk-Jan Hartman (d.hartman at student.utwente dot nl)