[vlc] Re: Support for playing MPEG-2 Transport Streams in RTP?

Carlos Palminha carlos.palminha at inov.pt
Tue Feb 17 22:43:55 CET 2004

A Ter, 2004-02-17 às 20:30, Ross Finlayson escreveu:
> [I would have liked to post this to "vlc-devel"; however, my repeated
> requests to join that mailing list have disappeared into a black hole.]
>
> FYI, the "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" library (that VLC uses to play RTP
> streams) supports the receiving of MPEG-2 Transport Streams in RTP (using
> the MIME type "video/MP2T").  However, the VLC interface code
> ("modules/demux/livedotcom.cpp") doesn't yet handle this.
>
> I notice that there's a comment in the code:
> /* TODO:
>   *  - Support PS/TS (need to rework the TS/PS demuxer a lot).
>
> which suggests that this would be non-trivial to fix.  Is anyone looking
> into this?

I have a similar problem...

If i play the MPEG2TS from a multicast address it works fine...

But if i try to RTSP from a stream server it gives

--- snippet ---
livedotcom debug: RTP subsession 'video/MP2T'
livedotcom error: No codec supported, aborting
--- snippet ---

Any clue?? Maybe it is related with that "TODO"

Best regards,
C.Palminha