[vlc] Support for playing MPEG-2 Transport Streams in RTP?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Feb 17 21:30:45 CET 2004

[I would have liked to post this to "vlc-devel"; however, my repeated
requests to join that mailing list have disappeared into a black hole.]

FYI, the "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" library (that VLC uses to play RTP
streams) supports the receiving of MPEG-2 Transport Streams in RTP (using
the MIME type "video/MP2T").  However, the VLC interface code
("modules/demux/livedotcom.cpp") doesn't yet handle this.

I notice that there's a comment in the code:
/* TODO:
  *  - Support PS/TS (need to rework the TS/PS demuxer a lot).

which suggests that this would be non-trivial to fix.  Is anyone looking
into this?

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>