[vlc] Re: emission and reception

Rémi Denis-Courmont courmisch at via.ecp.fr
Wed Feb 18 12:04:26 CET 2004

Le Lundi 16 Février 2004 16:55, Xavier.Ladjointe at space.alcatel.fr a
écrit :
> I would like to emit a video flux toward an IP address but also to
> receive a video from that IP address.
> Is this possible ? by using two differente port ?

It is possible if you run two separate instances of the VLC on each
computer: one which will stream the video two the other side, and one
which will receive the other's video, as VLC cannot handle multiple
streams at the moment.

The use of different ports should not be mandatory since destination
adresses of each stream will be different.

For example, assume the first machine 'A' was 192.168.1.1 and the second
one, 'B', was 192.168.1.2.
A can stream its flux to B at 192.168.1.2 port 1234 (UDP/RTP) and B
stream its flux to A at 192.168.1.1 port 1234 (UDP/RTP). A will receive
B's stream on its port 1234 (UDP/RTP) and B will similarly receive A's
stream on its port 1234 (UDP/RTP).

Sincerely,

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont