[vlc] Re: VLC 0.7.0 for xscale with MPEG4 support

Kausik Sinnaswamy kausik at impulsesoft.com
Fri Feb 20 11:41:54 CET 2004

Hello Jean-Paul
    Thanks for the tip. I just tried it out with "-I dummy", but I still
am getting only the Video. With the verbose option I still get "PTS out
of range: dropping buffer". I even tried "novideo" option, but of no
avail.
    I built "faad" binary for ARM and tried decoding the Audio portion
of a MP4 file into a WAV and tried playing it. The decoder works
perfectly.
    I therefore have a feeling that in real-time, it is struggling. I
even once got an error "main audi output warning: audio output is
starving, feeding silence". Has anybody successfully been able to play
MP4 files on an iPAQ ?
    I would appreciate any mor e help in this regard.

Thanks
- Kausik