[vlc] Re: VLC 0.7.0 for xscale with MPEG4 support

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Fri Feb 20 17:39:52 CET 2004

Kausik Sinnaswamy wrote:

> Hello Jean-Paul
>     Thanks for the tip. I just tried it out with "-I dummy", but I
> still am getting only the Video. With the verbose option I still get
> "PTS out of range: dropping buffer". I even tried "novideo" option,
> but of no avail.
>     I built "faad" binary for ARM and tried decoding the Audio portion
> of a MP4 file into a WAV and tried playing it. The decoder works
> perfectly.
>     I therefore have a feeling that in real-time, it is struggling. I
> even once got an error "main audi output warning: audio output is
> starving, feeding silence". Has anybody successfully been able to play
> MP4 files on an iPAQ ?
>     I would appreciate any mor e help in this regard.

I have but those are MP4/DivX files with a very low bitrate. The current
version I have is not tested yet with MP4.

You did try vlc-0.7.1-test1 current CVS? right? Because the subject says
vlc-0.7.0!! The FAAD2 changes is in version vlc-0.7.1-test1

Couldy you provide me with a sample of your file, so I could check that
somewhere next week? I go to FOSDEM 2004 Brussels this weekend.

--

Many greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman

Consultant