[vlc] Re: VLC Streaming from PVR problem

Tim O'Callaghan tim.ocallaghan at limestudios.com
Fri Feb 20 12:21:15 CET 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:41:22 +0100, Benjamin PRACHT <bigben at via.ecp.fr> wrote:

> I cannot  see any  problem in tour  log... Have you  tried to  watch the
> stream in local, before trying to stream ?

Yes, I've also run ethereal to see the network traffic, and nothing is generated.

> Moreover, be aware  that vlc will override most settings  you could have
> set with  another program  (e.g. test_ioctl),  you have  to use  the pvr
> input's parametter to set them...

Is there any way of stopping this? I would bet that this is causing the problem
of having to test open the stream beforehand. It looks like it just frags my
default ioctls, and does that it wants, and hence not working.

> Couls you also try to make a
>
> head -n 1 /dev/video0 before launching vlc ?

Tried, but that would only make a difference if the ioctls were the same as the ones
used by vlc i would bet.

--
Tim O'Callaghan
Senior Engineer