[vlc] Re: VLC Streaming from PVR problem

Tim O'Callaghan tim.ocallaghan at limestudios.com
Fri Feb 20 14:24:18 CET 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:41:22 +0100, Benjamin PRACHT <bigben at via.ecp.fr> wrote:

> I cannot  see any  problem in tour  log... Have you  tried to  watch the
> stream in local, before trying to stream ?
>
> Moreover, be aware  that vlc will override most settings  you could have
> set with  another program  (e.g. test_ioctl),  you have  to use  the pvr
> input's parametter to set them...

ok,

I've changed the pvr.c module to allow you to use the default parameters. In fact it will only
change the parameters you want to change, so you can use it on a pre-confiugured card.
It also does now a quick read from the device to ensure that it can read from it.
But still, i'm not getting any streamed output.

please find attached the new pvr.c and tell me if i've done something stuipd

also where do i send this to add it to the next test release?

--
Tim O'Callaghan
Senior Engineer