[vlc] Receiving IPv6 data

Jesse jkielthy at fastmail.fm
Thu Jan 8 17:41:05 CET 2004

Hi,

I have Apache 2 webserver as my video streaming server. I can receive a
IPv4 network stream from this server simply by adding the
"server_ipaddress/video.xyz" into the HTTP/FTP/MMS field.

My problem is that when I try to do the same for IPv6 the client won't
open up the movie e.g. http://[2001:650:30:9::1]/net.mpg

But if I use the command line for VLC to stream a unicast to my client pc
(i.e. vlc -vvv video1.xyz --sout udp:[2001:650:30:2:fea2:3bcc:doff:1f1]
--ttl 12) and then receive the stream at the client (i.e. vlc -vvv --ipv6
udp:) it works perfectly fine.

I was wondering had this been encountered before, or would it be an
application error. Obviously the netork allows for IPv6 data to be
streamed and the machines are taking to each other, but is there
something that I might be missing from the Application end of things?

Thanks,
Jesse
--
  Jesse