[vlc] Re: Please change the LIVE.COM source code link

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Sat Jan 17 02:25:41 CET 2004

Well, what would help in this respect is that if you would provide
either a stable release, or a snapshot link, so no one would have to
update it's link every 3 weeks, because the 'normal' link has a date in
it.

DJ

On 16 jan 2004, at 23:54, Ross Finlayson wrote:

> The VLC source code download page
> <http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-sources.html> currently has a
> link to an old (2003.11.06) archived version of the "LIVE.COM
> Streaming Media" code.
>
> However, I would prefer that people who build VLC from source work
> from the latest version of this code, because it is undergoing
> frequent changes to fix bugs (while its API remains backwards
> compatible with earlier versions).  Also, I would like people to first
> read the instructions for how to build this software.
>
> So, could you please change the link:
> 	- live.2003.11.06.tar.gz (RTSP library)
> to:

---
Videolan - VLC media player
Derk-Jan Hartman (hartman at videolan dot org)
Developer of the MacOS X port of vlc
http://www.videolan.org/vlc