[vlc] Re: Problems compiling VLC-0.7.0 on linux

Rodrigo Severo rodrigo.lists at fabricadeideias.com
Wed Jan 28 23:38:15 CET 2004

Jingsong Fu wrote:

> [...]

How and where to configure -enable-pp AND -enable-shared option
switches? This is my first time compiling vlc, your help is very much
appreciated.

Also the error "ffmpeg.c:36:24: avcodec.h: No such file or directory"
seems that avcodec.h can't be find, and I did not find the file under
vlc source tree, do we need the file?

Thanks,

Jingsong

Jingsong,

These switches should be used when compiling ffmpeg, before compiling
vlc. If you have not compiled ffmpeg, maybe used a packaged version,
deinstall it, grab ffmpeg source (at vlc download page) and compile it
with these switches.

As far as I remember, the missing files you mentioned are provided by
ffmpeg.

Good luck,

Rodrigo