[vlc] Re: VLC 0.7.0 segfaulting during video playback.

Sebastien Fievet sebastien.fievet at free.fr
Wed Jan 28 23:34:18 CET 2004

> >Hmmm, could it be the alsa bug kicking in again ??
> >
> >Could you try to run your VLC with --noaudio to see if it still crashes ?
> >

> I will try it tonight when I get back home.
>

> Thanks for your attention,
>
> Rodrigo Severo

Hi,

I had the very same problem some time ago : I first thought that it was a
compiler-related error. In fact, for me it was a down-sampling problem, due to
my old sound blaster card being unable to sample higher than 45 kHz.
Setting the audio sample rate to 44.1 kHz in the VLC solved the problem for me.

In case it may help...
Regards, Sebastien.