[vlc] Re: VLC 0.7.0 segfaulting during video playback.

Rodrigo Severo rodrigo.lists at fabricadeideias.com
Thu Jan 29 02:36:07 CET 2004

Sebastien Fievet wrote:

> I had the very same problem some time ago : I first thought that it was a
> compiler-related error. In fact, for me it was a down-sampling problem, due to
> my old sound blaster card being unable to sample higher than 45 kHz.
> Setting the audio sample rate to 44.1 kHz in the VLC solved the problem for me.

Thanks for your attention.

I tried setting "--aout-rate 44100" but vlc crashed anyway. I have a
rather new SoundBlaster Live (brought 'cause of the Digital Output
option) which probably handles 48000Hz fine.

I bet my problem is really the "alsa bug kicking in again" as Gildas
mentioned.

Rodrigo Severo