[vlc] Vlc 0.7.0 Cross Compile for ARM

Kausik Sinnaswamy kausik at impulsesoft.com
Sat Jan 31 12:06:23 CET 2004

Hello All,
    I have been trying to compile Vlc 0.7.0 for ARM platform in vain.

VLC Configuration:
    I want to build the VLC with GTK+-2.2 support and MPEG4.  I built
the GTK+-2.2 and all its dependencies from scratch (successfully too).
Build Platform:
    I am using the GCC version 3.2.

Finally when the libvlc is getting built, I get the following error

src/libvlc.h: In function `vlc_entry__main':
src/libvlc.h:931: Internal compiler error in arm_rtx_costs, at
./config/arm/arm.c:2810
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html> for instructions.

I checked on the GNU website, and they claim to have fixed this problem
in GCC version 3.2 (and thats the version I have been using)

I would really appreciate if someone could suggest a solution to this
problem or provide me with a binary release of vlc for ARM platform with
MPEG4 support.

Thanks in advance,
- Kausik