[vlc] Re: trouble playing VCD

Ira Fuchs IHF at mellon.org
Tue Jul 6 22:06:00 CEST 2004

The .mpg works fine with QT6.

-----Original Message-----
From: vlc-bounce at videolan.org [mailto:vlc-bounce at videolan.org]On Behalf
Of Terry Jackson
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 2:15 PM
To: VLC Mailing List
Subject: [vlc] Re: trouble playing VCD

does it play fine in QuickTime Pro 6?
IF not, then it needs to be demuxed and re-authored
into a valid MPEG file.

I always test my MPGs first by making sure they are QT
compatible first, before authoring to VCD/SVCD.
If they do not pass QT, then I demux using ffmpegx,
then re-author using QT Pro.

Then I build using Toast or VCD Builder to insure compatible
structure.