[vlc] Receiving realaudio streams & copying vcd's to quicktime or imovie compatible format

Nicholas Harvey harvey at westnet.net.au
Tue Jul 20 15:12:29 CEST 2004

Hi,

I have two questions:

1. I read on this list that some people use VLC to receive realaudio streams
­ how ­ is there a guide that someone can point me at. I like step by step
instructions.
2. I would like to use VLC to take some vcd¹s I authored and put them to
DVD. I have a mac G5 with os X 10.3.4. I see in the advanced menu a way of
outputting a stream from dvd or vcd to a file. How can I get this file into
quicktime or a doemat quicktime or imovie (DV format) understands. I have
looked at the codecs it allows ­ what a choice ­ but which one / Again a
step by step guide would help.

TIA

Nick

PS: Sorry for posting this under wrong title ....