[vlc] Windows resource usage?

Jeremy Ardley jeremy at electrosilk.net
Fri Jul 23 08:34:15 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm doing a variety of tests in 0.7.2 VLC on windows 2000 systems.

In one test I am looping a 2 minute mpeg 2 clip and streaming it out as
a multicast.

The source VLC has 15000 to 16000 handles. This is a lot!  Is it
normal?  It is also using 38-40MB memory. Is this high?

Are there any known windows memory leaks in VLC when playing streamed
mpeg2 content? Especially when playing it from a multicast?

Are there any other stability issues?

I am considering using VLC in long term public display applications and
would like to know of any potential probelms before I start the exercise.