[vlc] Re: looking for a quick solution

Torsten Spindler spindler at hbt.arch.ethz.ch
Fri Jul 23 09:27:24 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 09:10, Deepak Chandra wrote:
>    I am looking for a quick way to demux an mpeg 2 transport stream to an
> elementary stream and then later on make an TS after some changes.

You can demux it with vlc as described in
http://www.videolan.org/doc/videolan-howto/en/ch09.html, though the syntax
has changed slightly. I use this to get just the audio stream:

vlc udp://@239.255.1.29:3456 --sout
'#transcode{acodec=mp3,ab=64}:es{dst-audio=HOST:PORT,mux-audio=es, \
access-audio=udp{raw},url_video=HOST:PORT,mux_video=ts,access_video=udp}'

Bye,
Torsten