[vlc] Re: vlc with vnc?

Benjamin PRACHT bigben+spam at videolan.org
Fri Jul 30 17:42:01 CEST 2004

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004, Michael Renner wrote :
> But whenever I try to start the appliation it crashes because there are
> apparently problems with the X server. Here is the interesting debug output:
>
> [00000211] main interface debug: looking for interface module
> [00000211] main interface debug: probing 4 candidates
> [00000211] skins2 interface error: no DirectColor visual available
> Segmentation fault

Well, might be a bug in the skins2 interface. BTW, using the skins2
interface on a server seem quite pointless to me. If you really need a
gui, you'd better use the wxwindows one (-I wxwindows argument). The
best would certainly to drop VNC (if you don't need it for someting
else) and to launch your server in a screen using the rc or the ncurses
interface.

--
BigBen