[vlc] vlc with vnc?

Michael Renner michael.renner at gmx.de
Fri Jul 30 17:22:54 CEST 2004

Moin,

I try to setup vlc as a streaming server. A vnc server is running on the
machine that should be my vlc streaming server.

But whenever I try to start the appliation it crashes because there are
apparently problems with the X server. Here is the interesting debug output:

[00000211] main interface debug: looking for interface module
[00000211] main interface debug: probing 4 candidates
[00000211] skins2 interface error: no DirectColor visual available
Segmentation fault

Any hint?
--

|Michael Renner      E-mail: michael.renner at gmx.de  |
|D-72072 Tuebingen   Germany                        |