[vlc] Re: VLC on redhat 9!

Torsten Spindler spindler at hbt.arch.ethz.ch
Sun Jun 6 08:55:21 CEST 2004

On Sun, 2004-06-06 at 08:05, Ashraf Mousa wrote:
>   error: Failed dependencies:
>         libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4) is needed by
> mozilla-1.6-2

On the mozilla issue, get a new mozilla rpm for Red Hat 9 at
http://dag.wieers.com/packages/mozilla/mozilla-chat-1.6-0.rh90.dag.i386.rpm

http://dag.wieers.com/packages/galeon/galeon-1.3.14-0.a.rh90.dag.i386.rpm

> Would you please help me of how to find and install
> these  missing softwares and liberaries!

To automatically resolve dependency issue between RPMS either up2date
(on Fedora Core and Red Hat Enterprise Linux) or apt for rpm
(http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/ and http://apt.freshrpms.net/)
do a good job.

Bye,
Torsten