[vlc] Re: VLC on redhat 9!

Jason Luka jluka at geshp.com
Sun Jun 6 09:54:40 CEST 2004

Adding the --nodeps flag will have it ignore the dependancy problems.
None of the missing dependancies are what I would consider critical. The
glibc update is so small, it should be unnoticable. LibXinerama is the
lib for using multiple monitors at once. To actually get this lib would
require updating about 60 Xfree86 packages. libasound is the driver for
a sound engine that Red Hat 9 doesn't use and galeon is an alternate web
browser not used by much of anyone. Each of these would take a
considerable (and unnecessary) effort to install.