[vlc] Re: VLC Media Player - GMATE Yopy 3700

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Tue Jun 29 23:19:15 CEST 2004

eunos wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I noticed that in the download section for the Yopy 0.5.2 and the RPM
> package is SDL 1.2.3.1 Armv41
> In the latest build of Linupy (Gmate version of the kernal and file
> system now at 2.1.0-T6 VLC there is VLC v0.6.2 as part of the
> install.  I am currently running VLC streaming mpg1 from compact flash.
>
> Two questions...
>
> 1.  does VLC running on a 200mhz processor have enough grunt to
> display 320x240 mpg1 at 25fps ?

Yes as long as the video file isn't encoded with screen size > 320x240
or a bitrate > 1 Mbps. Actually I tests on iPAQ upto 1 Mbps and above
that I have no idea where the actual limit is.

>  2.  Will you goes be building a RPM for the lates build of 0.7.2 for
> the Yopy.

No sorry I won't. Simply put I don't have the time. It would be time for
someone to step up and take the maintainers role for Yopy VLC port.

> 3.  Is there a change aspect command so that the image is displayed in
> landscape view (image rotated 90)

X is here your friend ;-) use xrand

--

Many greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman

Consultant
VLC iPAQ maintainer                    http://www.videolan.org
RedHat Certified Engineer         RHCE number: 807202745005548