[vlc] Re: Streaming protocol other than UDP

Anders Bøje Larsen AJL at bang-olufsen.dk
Thu Mar 4 16:03:09 CET 2004

I'm streaming via a wireless 802.11G network, and the G-system is just too
unstable to get at solid stream. If I force the wireless network to the
B-standard, I can get a stable stream, but only 3mbit. If i could get a
protocol with seqence control and retransmissions, then i could use the
G-standard, thus eliminating the fluxuation.

could you put a few extra words an the httpd solution you mention ?

/Anders

>Hi all
>
>I'm using VLS in a linux box to stream from a PVR350 card, to an WinXP
>running VLC.
>My question is, can I get VLS to stream to VLC, with another protocol than
>UDP. I would like to use a protocol with retransmissons. ??

No, you do not want that. It will kill your video stream (not directly),
but it won't work well when you are doing streaming.

If you really want to use a protocol with retransmission, then consider