[vlc] Re: Francisco Ucedo - VLC and SuSE

Kjell-Einar Ofstad kjell-einar.ofstad at aqilon.com
Sun Mar 7 09:07:48 CET 2004

Hi.

FYI I'm trying to build from source VLC 0.7.1 for SuSE 9.0. This is the
3rd day of work!!!!

So far I have succeeded in building all the libraries listed at
www.videolan.org/vlc/download-sources.html
Some of these are included with SuSE 9.0. The others have to be
installed.

At the moment I have 2 problems:
VLC needs this library: libvcdinfo v.7.2.0.
I have not succeeded to find a complete package for this:
(www.vcdimager.org is temporarily closed in protest against software
patents.)
The rpm at http://packman.links2linux.org/?action=251 seems to be broken
(?!)

My second problem is that ./configure complains about a missing
'postproc/postprocess.h' file. I've downloaded
http://ftp3.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/MPlayer-0.92.tar.bz2 where
this file is included...but the problem remains...

If anyone else out there have some interest in these matters I would be
more than happy to share all my experiences AND problems regarding VLC
and SuSE 9.0.

Kjell-Einar