[vlc] Performance problem?

Stefan Nowy stefan at nowy.de
Mon Mar 8 18:28:57 CET 2004

Hello!

First of all: Thank you for this nice piece of software!

I'm trying to stream from an Hauppauge WinTV card using vlc-0.7.1 (Linux
on a Pentium 166MHz with MMX).

vlc -vvv v4l:/dev/video:norm=pal:channel=1 --sout
'#transcode{vcodec=mp1v}:std{access=udp,mux=ts,url=192.168.2.8}' --ttl 2

I do receive a picture on the client, but this picture is the only
one... no moving objects :-(

Could this be a performance problem? My machine being too slow for
transcoding? Is there any way I could speed it up, if that's the problem
(btw: I do not need audio)?
Or any other problem?

Greetings,

Stefan