[vlc] Re: GPE VLC v0.7.1 for xscale iPaq 3970 module linking problem

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Wed Mar 10 10:04:37 CET 2004

Annie Chen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have previously posted this as part of a reply to another related
> message but I haven't gotten any replies, so I'm reposting it on its own
> with more info I hope it's ok, sorry about this.

If I rembemer correctly I asked you to send me (directly) a log using:

vlc -vvvv > /var/tmp/error.log 2>&1

because I need more info (including debug and info messages) from VLC
itself to see what exactly it is doing. Without that information I
cannot help you.

> I've installed VLC v0.7.1 for xscale on a iPaq 3970 running pypaq 7.2.
> It seems to be problem linking to the modules.

VLC for xscale is built for the Familiar distribution and not for pypaq.
  This might be a big hint for you, maybe pypaq lacks /etc/ld.so.conf ??
or uses another glibc ??

> When I tried to run vlc I get the following error:
>
> VLC media player 0.7.1 Bond
> [00000001] main vlc error: no memcpy module matched "any"
> [00000017] main interface error: no interface module matched
> "hotkeys,none"
> [00000017] main interface error: no suitable intf module
> [00000001] main vlc error: interface "hotkeys,none" initialization
> failed
> [00000018] main interface error: no interface module matched "any"
> [00000018] main interface error: no suitable intf module
> [00000001] main vlc error: interface "(null)" initialization failed
>
> When I run strace on vlc I see that it's trying to find these libraries
> under "modules/" directory, but these libraries are installed under
> subdirectories in /usr/lib/vlc.  To make it work I manually created a
> directory called "modules" and linked all the libraries files under
> /usr/lib/vlc. However this is not a permanent solution. I suspect it
> reads in the location of modules from .vlcrc config file but I have no
> such file and couldn't find an example of such file.

As I said before in an earlier mail the .vlcrc file is not the problem.
If it does not exists VLC does not read from it and uses builtin defaults.

--
Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman
VLC iPAQ maintainer